Thursday, December 15, 2011


The most wonderful time of the year….

I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard the song about this being the most wonderful time of the year. Is it really? This time of year is so much more wonderful with Sarah. She is much more excited about this holiday season than she was last year. She is beginning to get excited about Christmas. She is having parties at school, going to see Christmas lights, decorating the house, and getting excited about “resents.” Although, I am enjoying this time of year, I know it is such a hard time of year for so many people. I have a dear, dear friend that lost her daughter and this time of year is so depressing for her. It is heartbreaking. I have a tendency to get caught up with the busyness of the season. I worry about whether or not I am buying the right gift, if I am decorating enough, or if everyone is having is happy. I am trying to stay in the moment this year. I am trying to relax, enjoy my family and friends, and make memories. We are also trying to teach Sarah the real meaning of Christmas. We don’t want to think that Christmas is just about gifts, but about celebrating the birth and life of Jesus and the family and friends we love so much. So, my friends, enjoy this time of year.  Love freely. Be generous with your time. Live in the moment. I am going to try to do the same!

No comments: