Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home....

We have been home a week now. Things are going well. We have been trying to get our new little family on a schedule and trying to figure out what works for everyone. Sarah seems to be adjusting well. She is sleeping and eating so good. She loves to eat and is willing to try new foods. I have to be honest, the adjustment for Todd and I has been harder than I thought it would be. We have been alone for so long with the freedom to whatever we wanted whenever we wanted that it is hard to have to devote all of your time and energy to a little one. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I am not, I love Sarah, but it is an adjustment. Sarah is so smart, but so stubborn. She will do things she knows she not suppose to right in front of us and look at us and smile. What a stinker. She is so funny too. Tonight at dinner she would say "yum" after every bite of dinner she took. She has to go to the cardiologist on Wednesday in Charleston. She is going to be sedated to have some test run. For some of you that don't know, Sarah was born with a Tetrology of Fallot. It is a congenital heart defect that requires open heart surgery. Sarah received OHS when she was 11 months old. She seems to be doing really well, but I will feel so much better when we have the results of the tests on Wednesday. She is also getting blood work completed that day. So please pray that everything comes back good and she is as healthy as she seems. Tonight as I was rocking her to sleep, I wondered what she thinks of her new home and family. What a change for her. She is 28 months old and we are her third family. Well, that is as far as we know. We know that she was abandoned when she was 9 months old on the steps of a technical college and that she lived with a foster family prior to us meeting her. I have always assumed that her biological parents abandoned her, but I don't know that for sure. I am sure that not knowing her history will play a part in who she becomes, I just pray that she will feel love and security with us. Here are some new pictures of her...

 Getting some Daddy love....

I love this picture....is that some sass or what??

No comments: