Sunday, June 12, 2011

Too long....

It has been so long since I have updated our blog. I took five classes in the spring semester and I spent ALL of my free time studying, doing papers, or taking tests. The good thing I survived and actually did well. I am taking two classes this summer and one is the fall and I am DONE! When classes are done,  I will sit for my national board exam ( and hopefully pass) wait for my license and start looking for a job! I don't want to work full time. We have been talking about me working 15-20 hours a week. I am not sure I ever want to work full time again. I would if I had to, but I don't want to. :)
So, in a month from yesterday we have been Sarah's parents for a YEAR. I can't believe it. Time has gone by so fast. Life has changed do much! Sarah has changed so much. Here are same of the ways she has changed in a little less of a year:
She went from barely been able to walk independently to running, jumping, hopping, and riding a tricycle. 
Baths used to be HORRIBLE, she would scream and cry now she takes showers and sprays water in her face. 
She used to not be able to feed herself, now she can. She doesn't always want to, but she can. 
She didn't know how to color or draw, but now it is one of her favorite things to do. 
She used to never sleep through the night, now she mostly does (especially when she is sleeping with mommy and daddy). 
She couldn't speak any English, now we can understand most of what she is saying. She certainly understand everything we say. 
She never liked to cuddle, now she does. That is one of my favorite changes! 
She now says mommy and daddy and clearly know we are "her people." 
She recognizes people and places we see or visit often. 
She certainly does not listen as much as she used to. 
She is fiercely independent and at the ripe old age of three she knows everything! :) 
She is comfortable with us leaving her with a few select people and may even enjoy the time away from us. 
I can leave her to entertain herself in the other room for a short time.  
Of course there is so much more....she is a lovely, smart, sweet little girl!

I want to continue to keep the blog up. It feels therapeutic for me. I think I will write next on how much I have changed in the last year next. I have to process that a little before writing.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lori said...

this is beautiful! isn't it amazing to see how a child grows and changes so quickly! you're great parents!!