Monday, July 11, 2011

A year ago today....

A year ago we meet a beautiful, scared, confused little girl that would become our greatest blessing. I will never forget that day. We had just got to China that morning, we were so tried and anxious. The bus ride to meeting Sarah seemed like it took forever. Out of our travel group Sarah was the last little one to arrive. The poor baby was so upset, scared, and sad. She cried the entire ride back to the hotel and continued to cry for at least a hour. She was grieving for the family that took such good care of her for 18 months. Our hearts broke for her and them. I am sure that they miss Sarah so much. Sarah grieve the entire time when were in China and for a least month when we got home. Now, a year later she is still beautiful. She is strong, stubborn, smart, and so sweet. She has gained 8 pounds and grown 3 inches in the last year. She has changed so much...she almost seems like a different child. She is growing up so fast. I love her and can't imagine my life without her. At the end of my life, she will have taught me more about myself than I have taught her. She has changed me. She was God's perfect plan for our life. 



 She has changed so much. I got teary eyed when I saw that picture of her and Todd on the bus. It was so sad. Todd was so strong and sweet during our trip. His commitment to Sarah and our family has never wavered. Sarah is blessed to have a daddy that adores her so much.

1 comment:

Joanna B said...

Happy one year!! What a milestone!
And those cheeks are just luscious!