Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lots of stuff.....

Todd was gone for two weeks for work and he finally came home on Saturday. I was so glad to see him. We did good while he was gone. Our routine wasn't as scheduled so in some ways it was a little easier then when he is home. However, I had no back up. There was nobody here, but me and it was hard to be "on" all the time. Being a parent is hard. It is way harder than I thought it would be. I am learning (slowly) to give myself and Sarah more grace. I love that little girl so much. Her personality is coming out so much. She is funny and sassy! 
We decided to look for a new church. It was such a hard, sad decision. Nothing bad happened, we just felt like it was time to move on. We miss everyone, but still maintain relationships with a few families. We visited a new church this past Sunday. We liked it, the music was great and so was the sermon. We are looking for a church that has a strong childrens' ministry. We were at our church for 11 years and it was something we thought about for quite sometime. I grieved us leaving, but it is better now. We believe we made the right decision. 
We have made reservations to go to Folly Beach for three days in September. We are so excited. I can't wait to go. I hope that it will so fun and relaxing. We have never done a vacation like this with Sarah. It will be different, but good. There will be a time someday that Todd and I will be able to go away by ourselves again.  Sarah is not ready for that and I am not so sure I am either. 


Thanks for listening...
 

1 comment:

Denise Hicks Brown said...

As a SAHM, I really enjoy your blog and appreciate your honesty. In a time when it is seemingly unacceptable to express anything but constant joy about parenting, it is refreshing to see my own struggles and frustrations mirrored in your words. Parenting is hard and we do make mistakes. We are all imperfect (kids and parents) but if we couldn't do this, God wouldn't have entrusted us with these kids. And with His help, even though we don't always get it right, things will be all right. Thanks!