Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer....


I can't believe that the summer is here already. Last week was Sarah's last week at preschool and we are three weeks away from going to the beach for a week. Sarah had a wonderful year at school. She has grown so much. She is a much more confident, self-assured little girl than she was a year ago. Sarah is such a compassionate girl. Whenever someone is hurting or upset she becomes so concerned and will say "no cry." She will rub their back or hair. She is so sweet. We recently lost our family dog. It was so heartbreaking. Bryce was my companion for ten years and I miss him everyday! I cried everyday for a week and Sarah would lift up my glasses, wipe my eyes, and say "no cry mommy!" I love it that she is so sensitive. She is a complex little person. She is tough as nails physically. She loves to be physical. If she gets hurt, she gets right back up. She rarely complains of not feeling well. If she gets hurting doing something, she doesn't hesitate to try it again, but her feelings/emotions are a whole never ball game. She doesn't like it when other people are upset with her, especially me. She always wants to make things right. It is heartbreaking when she is hurt, her eyes will swell up with tears and her lips will quiver. One of things that Sarah and I struggle with is that I have a tendency to withdraw when things are tense and hard between us and she wants to be close. I feel guilty that because I want to get her what she needs, but it is so difficult at times. I love that little girl so much!

No comments: