Monday, July 12, 2010

Already awake....
It is 5:30am and Todd and I are already awake. The time difference is hard to adjust to to, but we both slept so well last night. I went to sleep around 8:00pm and slept until a few minutes ago. Sarah feel asleep in my arms last night around 7:30 and she is still sleeping. She was wide open all last night. She is so funny. She has discovered the mirror and loves looking at herself. It is one of those full length mirrors and she laughs at herself when she looks in the mirror. Last night before dinner she kept licking the mirror so of course, we did the parent thing and told her "No, Sarah" and shook our heads and she walked away, but then went right back there and looked at us stuck her tongue out and got close to the mirror, but didn't touch it. Wow!! I prayed for a strong, smart girl and well, I think God answered my prayers. We wanted to laugh, but knew it wouldn't help any. We went to Walmart and McDonald's yesterday. More than likely Sarah had never been to either one. She pretty much goes with the flow. She loves french fries, but was not so crazy about the nuggets. She kept trying to feed Todd and I the nuggets. It is so hot here, yesterday the weather here made South Carolina seem mild. Can you imagine? All three of us sweated all day. When we  walk around people stare at us (we are always in a group) and usually ask to take our pictures. They especially want to take a picture with all three of us. We have had people come up to us to say thank you for adopting Sarah and they are happy for her. It is sad to hear that, but we are glad that people are being so nice. Again, I can't say enough about the people we are with here. They are wonderful. We all go everywhere together. One of the couples parents and sister traveled with her and they are so sweet. We have so many questions about this and that and they are so helpful. We are planning on going to the department store with them today and maybe going to the pool. We gave Sarah a bath Sunday night and she screamed and screamed so let's see how that goes. There are so many new experiences for her. We miss being at home so much, but we are trying to enjoy the people and culture here. I will post more later. We love and miss everyone!! 
You can't deny she is a cutie!! 

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

OMG...How amazing....I am looking at your post and pictures and honestly I cant stop crying...I am soooo happy for you three and you are so right...she is BEAUTIFUL!!
I asked your mom to ask if one of the times yall skype if I could come and see... I am being so impatient I know...but I just want to see yall.. I cant believe this time has finally come and I wish I could be there with yall...that is jealous on my part...but I on the other hand glad I am not because this is yall time and you soooo deserve it....I stayed up all night because I knew yall were in the air and then knew you were seeing Sarah early and I was just so overjoyed I just couldnt settle down...lol..I am nuts I know...lol..she is a sweet heart..lol...funny no smiley pics..she looks sassy and yall look so good holding her.CONGRATS TO YOU THREE... I LOVE AND MISS YOU AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE AND HUGZ YOU ALL...LOVE JEANNIE

SarahinSC said...

I'm so glad things are going pretty well!! That was interesting what you said about the people stopping you. I was talking to some aquaintences who adopte two girls from China (10 and 6 years ago) and they told me the exact same thing about people coming up to them and being so thankful to them for adopting. Neat!

Maureen said...

God is so good!! Blessing to the three of you. It's a joy to read your blog-your happiness beams through your words. Keeping you in prayer.
Love, Maureen

aunt jen :) said...

yes she is so very cute!i haven't been able to sleep so well last few nights. so i kept getting on and checking. and even early before work. i've been so excitied for the three of u.u finally have your sara! and u have todd. now u r complete. in this picture u can just tell she taking in what ever u guys r doing and saying. and yes i think u did get strong little girl. she's had to been! but now she has u two! and from what u have said she's got that sassiness!u guys do deserve a big thanks! u have done a wonderful thing. keep us updated as much as possible. have fun and be safe. love u all! tell sarah we said welcome and we love soooo much!

Unknown said...

As I sit here and read this blog and see the long journey that you and Todd have been on to your precious Sarah, all I can do is cry. You have such strong faith and I am so happy that God has brought the three of you together. Sarah is gaining such wonderful parents! I know that you will make the transition as easy as possible for her. She is so precious and she looks like she would be a little sassy. But the best part of all is seeing the smile and joy on yours and Todd's faces. Parenthood really agrees with you both. God bless both of you for taking this journey and never losing faith. I wish you all of the best in the world and can't wait to meet sweet little Sarah.
Tabitha & Scott Wright

Unknown said...

Hey looks like you guys are finally mom and dad!!! We are very happy for you. She is as cute as a button and looks like she fits right in..isn't God amazing how he .works things out. We are praying for you and can't wait to meet the new addition. It may have taken a long time, but it really looks like it was worth every minute. We love you and are very happy for you. Maria, your mom called today and I will be helping them tomorrow with their car.
Love ya,

Rick, Maureen and Katie

Joanna B said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to see your little girl in your arms finally! YAY!!!