Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting to know each other......
Today was a good day! We played and went shopping. Sarah got a new pair of shoes (pink, leather ones :)) and went to a Western Italian Restaurant here owned by a couple in Texas. When we shopping, women were coming up to us and wanting to pick up Sarah( she was in a stroller). It makes me a little uncomfortable. I know they are just curious. A woman actually reached in pick her up. She shook my head no and she seemed to understand. I picked up Sarah so she could talk to the lady and the lady put her arms out so she could hold Sarah and she shook her head no. We laugh because everywhere we go, people are stopping us and looking at the babies and taking our pictures. We say we have our own paparazzi. We went with another family we are traveling with. They are so much fun. We had to take a taxi there and I was never so scared in my life being in a car. People drive so crazy here. There are cars, buses, mopes, and bikes just all over the road AND there are no seat belts. Todd held Sarah and she put her head down against his chest the whole time. I think she was scared too. She did great at the restaurant. She is still funny about what she wants to drink from, but now she has discovered that she likes just having her own water bottle, but it comes out too fast and she coughs so we are working on that. I know that seems weird to talk about, but Sarah finally had a "number 2" yesterday, which seems like a crazy thing to mention, but it a big deal. All of the families in the group are asking each other...Sarah was the second one to achieved that goal! :) Last night when we got back we gave her a bath. It was the most horrible 5 minutes! She screamed, cried, hit her face, and arched her back. Todd finally got in the tub and rinsed her as fast as I could. She was screaming so loud our friends next door could hear her. I cried and cried. Poor Sarah. We just don't know what to do. She cries some when I change her diaper and when we dress her, but that is better. I felt so horrible. I was able to cream her up. She loves that. I brushes her hair and then she brushed mine. She is sweet. She did go to sleep eventually, but it took longer than usual. She feel asleep on my chest and when I put her in the crib she cried again so of course I laid with her in the bed until she was in a deep sleep. I had a hard time falling asleep because I felt so bad. Also, Todd's tummy was upset last night. He thinks the food was too rich last night. I hope he feels better today. I will post a couple of pictures later when Todd is up. I am sure how to download them on his computer.Sarah doesn't like getting her picture taken...she doesn't like the flash, but we are working on that. Pray Todd feels good when he wakes up and we can work this whole bath thing out. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to read about your journey. She is a cutie!!

Jeannie said...

Glad things are going better.... She is so adorable... I was telling everyone at work today about her and how yall finally have acheieved your goal of being a family with a child...they were so happy for you and I talked to Dr. Phan and she was very happy and I told her about the adjustment and she said...not to worry she will adjust soon especially with as good as parents as I tell you two are...she will be in regular mode before you know it...that is the asia way...lol..I guess she knows best...huh.? Love yall...miss you muchess

Ryan wetzel said...

Yeah, she pooped! - I told you to bring you own rolaids -- hahaha she is soo cute, and you are a wonderful writer! -- seriously, I can just hear your voice in my head when I read your words. and I can listen to you voice for hours!!!